Photo: Venus' Fly Trap, Dionaea muscipula,
is unique to our area.
Click to enlarge.
The SE Coast Chapter meets for field trips and other events. For our next event, see the Calendar Items below.
Please note: we will not have a field trip in July.
Please visit our Facebook page for the latest field trip photo albums and more! Click on the Facebook link.
For information on local habitats and the plant species associated with them, please see the photo albums below. For instance, information on beach plants can be found in the Bald Head Island and Fort Fisher albums; pine savanna plants can be found in the Green Swamp and Shaken Creek albums.
- Shaken Creek walk (June 03, 2012)
- Ev-Henwood walk (May 13, 2012)
- Holly Shelter butterfly/host plant walk with Jeff Pippen (April 15, 2012)
- Boiling Spring Lakes Preserve Outing with Paul Somers (March 25, 2012)
- Green Swamp Field Trip with Roger Shew: a Geology Lesson (February 26, 2012)
- Abbey Nature Preserve winter identification walk (January 15, 2012)
- Holly Shelter Greentree Impoundment walk (November 20, 2011)
- Shelton Herb Farm Trip (October 09, 2011)
- Carolina Beach State Park (September 11, 2011)
- Propagation Workshop with Alistair Glen (June 05, 2011)
- Green Swamp and Boiling Spring Lakes (May 21, 2011)
- Shaken Creek Preserve (April 11, 2011)
- Southeastern Community College and Lake Waccamaw (March 27, 2011)
- Airlie Gardens (February 20, 2011)
- Holly Shelter Game Land (November 07, 2010)
- Bald Head Island (September 12, 2010)
- The Green Swamp and Boiling Spring Lakes (August 14, 2010)
- Fort Fisher (July 11, 2010)
- Poplar Grove (June 13, 2010)
- Ev-Henwood Preserve (May 16, 2010)
- Carolina Beach State Park (April 25, 2010)
- Halyburton Park walk March 2010 (March 28, 2010)
back to top